Sunday, February 08, 2009

My Days as 'The Wizard of Pun'

Dear Blog Visitors:

Today's post is somewhat of a departure from my usual commentaries dealing with reform in the Roman Catholic Church.

For a change of pace, I thought you might like to hear a few segments from my days on the radio. In brief, I was known as 'The Wizard of Pun' on Rochester radio station WAXC. In this role, I was part of the daily morning show hosted by Ferdinand Jay Smith. (I served as 'The Wizard of Pun' from 1975-1978.)

What follows is the web address that will take you to page that contains a 15-minute compilation of tapes that I have referred to as 'The Best of the Wizard of Pun.' When you get to the web page, simply choose the 'streaming' option from the list of formats.

http://www.archive.org/details/TheBestOfTheWizardOfPunWaxcRochester

No comments: