Friday, March 06, 2009

Thank You to Aisha Taylor



Dear Blog Visitors:

I want to take this opportunity to thank Aisha Taylor, executive director of the Women's Ordination Conference, for her many months of dedicated leadership and hard work. I have long supported the ordination of women to the Roman Catholic priesthood, and Aisha has pushed this cause toward widespread support.

Aisha has recently announced that she will be stepping down as executive director of the WOC to pursue doctoral studies. As much as I will miss her presence in the forefront of the struggle for more inclusivity in the Roman Catholic Church, I also want to wish her well with her educational pursuits.

The Women's Ordination Conference has a full range of activities lined up, so I hope you will visit their website from time-to-time to stay udpated. Their web address is www.womensordination.org.

I will be continuing my role as national media liaison for CORPUS (www.corpus.org). I am very pleased that CORPUS will continue to send representatives to ordinations of women throughout the United States and the world, and I look forward to a continued struggle for a more inclusive church.

When we speak of the ordination of women, we must also give thanks to Phyllis Zagano of Hofstra University. She has done some magnificent work on the role women played in the early church, utilizing Romans 16:1-2 as a reference point (Phoebe as deacon).

What follows is a video tribute to both Aisha Taylor and Phyllis Zagano:



Thanks again to Aisha Taylor for all that she has done and continues to do for the Women's Ordination Conference.

No comments: