Friday, June 19, 2009

Press Release: Formation of 'Married Priests USA'






Dear Blog Visitors:

What follows is a press release from five bishops who have made a collective decision to disassociate themselves from Archbishop Emmanuel Milingo for philosophical and theological reasons. I respect the decision of the five bishops and look forward to my new relationship with 'Married Priests USA.'

If you are familiar with the Roman Catholic ordination rite, a priest's primary allegiance is to the bishop he pledges obedience to. Although I was ordained by Archbishop Milingo, when it came time during the rite for my allegiance pledge, I knelt before Archbishop Peter Paul Brennan, with the understanding he would be my primary bishop, since he resides in New York. I am pleased that my relationship with Archbishop Brennan will continue via 'Married Priests USA.'

Pictured above are my ordination certificate, signed by Archbishop Emmanuel Milingo and Archbishop Peter Brennan, in addition to an Apostolic Blessing issued by Pope Benedict XVI on the occasion of Archbishop Brennan's thirtieth anniversary of his initial consecration.

Here is the press release:


Press Release - Press Release

Immediate Release as of June 17, 2009

The five bishops of the Married Priests Now! Catholic Prelature hereby withdraw from the Prelature and disassociate themselves from Archbishop Milingo for philosophical and theological differences.

Our new organization for Married Priests for the United States will now be called Married Priests USA.

Contact: Archbishop Peter P. Brennan

151 Regent Place
West Hempstead, New York 11552
516 485 0616

Archbishops Peter Brennan (NY), Joseph Gouthro (NV), Patrick Trujillo (NJ),
George Stallings (DC)and Bishop Joaquin Perez (FL).Pp

No comments: