Friday, December 09, 2011

'Hallelujah Chorus' Sing-a-long



Dear Blog Visitors:

In addition to the religious significance of Christmas, I also love the traditional music of the season. Although I have ventured into many areas throughout my life, I am often drawn back to my original ambition, which was to become a symphony orchestra conductor. Despite the fact this ambition never materialized, I am nevertheless thankful for the musical education I received in high school and as an undergraduate student at the Eastman School of Music.

As part of my musical training, I had an opportunity on several occasions to conduct Handel's 'Hallelujah Chorus' from 'The Messiah.' As I reflected back, I thought it might be interesting to produce a video in which I conduct the 'Hallelujah Chorus' facing the camera, in such a way that would invite viewers who know individual choral parts to join in the singing. So, with appreciation for all the musical instructors who were part of my life, I offer this video as a thank-you.

Peace to all,
Ray

No comments: