A Tribute to Claudio Abbado, a Wonderful Inspiration

 Brenda and I continue to stream many classical concerts on Carnegie Hall+ and medici.tv. As former musicians, we love to watch symphonic performances with many of the world's best orchestras and conductors.

An early career ambition was becoming a symphony orchestra conductor. That never materialized. However, I continue to be inspired by many legendary conductors. One of these is the late Claudio Abbado. His conducting style was unique, in that he used his baton with the right hand, and used his left hand, much like a sculptor, to mold nuances in tempos, intensity and mood. Abbado also had a wonderful rapport with musicians, in that his orchestral contracts stipulated that he and orchestra members would have a 50/50 partnership in musical matters.
Although I have spent a lot of time writing about political matters in recent years, my primary passion remains classical music. I have included an obituary for Claudio Abbado that was written following his passing in 2014. I continue to be thankful to him for being such a huge inspiration. His streamed concerts are a means to keep him alive on the podium.
https://www.legacy.com/legacy/notable-deaths/claudio-abbado



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Day The Earth Stood Still: Relevant for Our Times

Remembering Bessie (Betty) Fleetwood

Hope for 2026 and Future Generations