Saturday, May 16, 2009

Experiment in High Definition

Dear Blog Visitors:

I thought I would share a video with you, which is one of my first experiments with high definition technology (clear detail and wider picture). In the video, you will notice that I looked off to the side on two occasions. This is because I had two unexpected visitors - namely, two deer. (They actually stood quietly, almost within arm's reach, while I was doing the video, as if they were interested in my remarks.) I was afraid that if I moved the camera, in order to get them in the picture, I would have scared them off.

In this video, I explain the closeness I feel to God whenever I am in the midst of a nature setting. My primary topic is vocations, in which I highlight the fact that the Rochester Diocese is ordaining only one priest this year. (The next priestly ordination in Rochester won't occur until 2013.) Naturally, I used this occasion to criticize the policy of mandatory celibacy in the Roman Catholic Church, and I advocate for the ordination of both women and married men. In addition, I mention my membership in Spiritus Christi Church, an inclusive community.

Here is the high definition video:

No comments: