Sunday, July 05, 2009

Praying for Peace in the Middle East



Dear Blog Visitors:

Considering all the tension that has existed in the Middle East for over 5,000 years, I continue to be an optimist and feel that peace is entirely possible.

I will never forget how inspired I was during my trip to Middle Eastern countries a few years ago, which was highlighted by visits to Israel, Jordan and Egypt. While tensions could certainly be felt in the process of crossing borders, I also enjoyed the experience of interacting with persons of varying cultures, whether they were Israeli, Palestinian, Jordanian or Egyptian.

I am sharing with you a photo that was taken at the top of Mt. Sinai (a 2-1/2 hour climb). Pictured are yours truly, my wife Brenda, and Fr. Sebastian Falcone (former dean at St. Bernard's seminary, former president of St. Bernard's Institute and professor of biblical studies at St. Bernard's School of Theology and Ministry).

Let us all pray that true peace can finally be realized in the Middle East.

No comments: