Sunday, July 05, 2009

Remembering Fr. Joseph P. Brennan



Dear Blog Visitors:

I returned a few days ago from a CORPUS (national association for an inclusive priesthood) conference in Dallas. Two attendees asked me if I still stay in touch with Fr. Joseph P. Brennan.

For those who don't know, Fr. Brennan died on September 22, 2008, following a lengthy illness. He was a good friend to Brenda and me, and I continue to miss him greatly.

Fr. Joe was rector of St. Bernard's Seminary for several years, and then went on to become head of the University of Rochester's Interfaith Chapel for ten years. He further distinquished himself as a leader and facilitator of Jewish-Christian dialogue in the Rochester area, and he also was an assistant priest for many years at St. Mary's Church in downtown Rochester.

Pictured above is yours truly with Fr. Brennan. It was taken at a dinner following my graduation from St. Bernard's in 2001.

My thanks to Joe Brennan for his sense of humor, compassion and friendship. He was an inspiration to all who knew him.

No comments: