Thursday, November 26, 2009

Video Tribute to Sidney Grosswirth



Dear Blog Visitors:

I want to thank all of you who have expressed condolences over the death of my father, Sidney Grosswirth. He was a remarkable person who touched the lives of many.

I was especially humbled and honored that the folks at 'Cleansing Fire' (traditional Catholic website) expressed their condolences. There have been occasional disagreements between traditionalists and progressives over the years, but I truly appreciate the fact that persons paid tribute to my father at the 'Cleansing Fire' website. It meant a lot to me.

As a fitting tribute to my father, I put together a video. It begins with a three-minute reflection, followed by a period of silence during which some photos are displayed.

The following is the text of a poem I recite in the video. It was read by Rabbi Sandra Katz at my father's funeral:

In the rising of the sun and in its going down, we remember them.
In the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter, we remember them.
In the opening of buds and in the rebirth of spring, we remember them.
In the blueness of sky and in the warmth of summer, we remember them.
In the rustling of leaves and in the beauty of autumn, we remember them.
In the beginning of the year and when it ends, we remember them.
When we are weary and in need of strength, we remember them.
When we are lost and sick at heart, we remember them.
When we have joys we yearn to share, we remember them.
So long as we live, they too shall live, for they are now a part of us as we remember them. (Roland B. Gittelsohn, adapted)


Peace to all of you,
Ray

No comments: