Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow



Dear Blog Visitors:

As I was combing my hair this morning, I thought of a line from Shakespeare: "Parting is such sweet sorrow." If I were to do this at the seashore, I guess I would be referred to as a 'beach comber.'

Hopefully, you'll excuse the play on words above. This was simply a lead-in to the video I have posted, which serves the purpose of a long-held secret: I color my hair. I thought it would be fun to get away from my usual video format, ranging from social topics to church politics. In this particular video, I take viewers with me for a visit to my hair stylist, Shari (daughter of high school classmate). We shot this at Donna B's in Penfield, New York.

As I near retirement from my job at City Hall, I may let my gray hair color return. For the time being, the coloring helps me to blend in with my co-workers, many of whom are much younger than myself. (As I point out in the video, I would hate for anyone in my work environment to accuse me of being an old fart; the hair coloring
at least helps me to fit in with the crowd visually.)

I realize this is quite a departure from my usual fare. However, I look forward to expanding my horizons in my soon-to-be-retired state, whereby I hope to address a variety of topics at both my blog and YouTube channel, whether I appear in brown or gray hair.

My best wishes to all of you.

Ray

No comments: