Saturday, July 03, 2010

The Mysteries of God



Dear Blog Visitors:

On occasion, friends will inform me when they notice a blog post that is critical of me. Just yesterday, a friend let me know that an orthodox Catholic blogger referred to me as a heretic, for the simple reason that I don't follow all the rules of the Roman Catholic hierarchy.

I am the first to admit that I don't follow all the rules of the RCC hierarchy. So, if an orthodox Catholic wishes to refer to me as a heretic, I am certainly fine with that.

As I have grown older, I have become increasingly fascinated with images sent to us from the Hubbel telescope. The images help us to realize that the universe is much larger than we ever imagined. When we consider the vastness of God's creation, we also come to realize that what we know of our Creator is in actuality very little.

Many persons have told me that they are suspicious of any religious institution that claims to have the fulness of truth about God. I share in such suspicions, which is why I have occasionally challenged assertions made by members of the Roman Catholic hierarchy.

In the video above, I examine the mystery of God. My primary thesis is that all we can say about God without absolute certainty is that he is MYSTERY.

My best wishes to all of you.

Sincerely,
Ray

No comments: