Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Marriage Equality in New York State



Dear Blog Visitors:

In the above video, I articulate my support of the marriage equality bill that is currently being debated in New York State. A vote on this bill is expected this week by the New York State Legislature and Senate. If passed, I will be available as a wedding officiant for all couples, whether they be heterosexual or gay.

Sadly, the U.S. Catholic Bishops have been actively campaigning against marriage equality in all states. It is my prayer that bishops will come to realize that sexual orientation was part of God's plan. It took me a long time to come to this conclusion. However, after many years of education and listening to the life-stories of members of the gay community, I fully realize that one does not choose to be gay; it is rather an orientation from birth, and therefore, part of God's design.

I continue to pray for more inclusivity in our world. I see marriage equality as a major step toward this inclusivity.

Peace to all,
Ray

No comments: