Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Greetings to All



Dear Blog Visitors:

It has been a while since my last blog post. So, I thought I would take this opportunity to wish all of you the very best of the Thanksgiving holiday.

I have occasionally mentioned my former elementary and high school classmates who continue to be my friends today. It is always a wonderful occasion to gather with them, and this month provided another such opportunity. So, I thought I would offer a message of thanks to them as part of this blog post.

In addition to giving thanks to my friends and family members, past and present, I also want to thank all the couples who have asked me to be the officiant at their weddings. They have enriched my life in many ways, and it continues to be a privilege and honor for me to be part of their sacred journey into marriage.

I fully realize that Thanksgiving is not always a joyous occasion, especially when there is so much unemployment, poverty, divisiveness and death in our midsts. However, as we gather for our holiday meals, an opportunity is presented for prayer and gratitude for all the good things that have penetrated our lives in the midst of hardships.

As part of this blog post, I thought I would share the two photos above, which will hopefully bring you either a smile or a groan.

My very best to you always,
Ray

No comments: