Researching My Ancestry




Dear Blog Visitors:

I have been taking a break from the busyness of the holiday season to return to one of my passions - namely, researching my family ancestry.

If you have never taken the challenge of searching records that pertain to your family history, it is an enterprise I highly recommend, because I find it helps to give your life purpose/meaning.

Before beginning my ancestry quest several years ago, all I had was some very basic information. This led me on my quest. Researching my father's side of the family was especially challenging, because it required my looking for long-lost Hungarian data. Researching my mother's side of the family was a little easier, especially with the help of the Dodge Family Association, which has done some remarkable work, such as tracing the origins of Dodge settlers in America and beyond.

I thought you might like to see a couple old photos I discovered recently. The first one is of my maternal great-great-grandmother, Maria J. (Lightfoot) Dodge, who was married to my great-great-grandfather, Frank M. Dodge, who served with distinction as part of Company A of the 8th New York Regiment of the United States Cavalry. The second photo presents my maternal great-grandparents, Charles L. Dodge (1872-1936) and Louise Amelia(Johnson) Dodge (died in 1932).

My thanks to my ancestors for helping to give my life some purpose.

Peace to all,
Ray

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering David Fetler

The Day The Earth Stood Still: Relevant for Our Times

Remembering Bessie (Betty) Fleetwood