Sunday, August 23, 2009

Conservative & Liberal Dialogue in the Catholic Church



Dear Blog Visitors:

If you take the time to survey blogs and videos across cyberspace, it occasionally appears that there is open warfare between liberal and conservative Catholics. My personal hope is that there can be a venue for constructive dialogue between opposing factions.

I have recently made attemps to appeal to both liberals and conservatives, who in many respects, encounter some of the same dilemmas, concerning the future of the Roman Catholic Church. Such dilemmas involve multiple parish closings, a severe clergy shortage and dwindling financial resources.

In this particular video, I have attempted to create a bridge between opposing factions within the Catholic Church. Bridging some of the enormous divisions is indeed a daunting task.

I hope Catholic traditionalists won't view me as enemy, because we share some of the same interests, such as a reverent treatment of the sacraments and music that is tasteful and respectful of tradition. The liberal side of the aisle has also found friendship with me, because I strongly believe that the Holy Spirit is calling us toward more inclusivity in the priesthood, whether it be married priests or women priests.

Let us pray for more respectful dialogue in the church. However, there is always some room for a little humor, whereby I have demonstrated an appreciation for creative videos that have been made by individuals on both sides of the aisle.

Peace to all,
Ray

No comments: