Saturday, August 01, 2009

Franklin High's Class of 1967



Dear Blog Visitors:

I find I must thank God this evening for all the wonderful friendships I experienced while a student at Rochester's Franklin High School during the years 1962-1967. These wonderful people were, and continue to be, special parts of my life.

I realized this evening how quickly life passes, and why it is so important to make the best of each day that is granted to us.

Tonight's gathering was to commemorate the collective 60th birthdays of my classmates. I posted photos of the event at my Facebook page, and thought I would simply post a picture of the commemorative cake here.

Obviously, not everyone has pleasant memories of their high school days. I was indeed blessed and fortunate to have established friendships in high school that last to this day.

I found myself thinking of my many classmates who were not able to attend this evening's festivities, and I hope to see them in the near future. I also thought of those who died, and I pray that they have found eternal peace.

Peace to all,
Ray

No comments: