My World of Religion, Politics, Entertainment and Social Issues

If you are visiting my blog, expecting to see 'Toward a Progressive Catholic Church,' I have changed my title to reflect my wide assortment of interests. Having retired from my secular job, I hope to devote the rest of my life to my hobbies, ministries and perhaps a part-time job that makes good use of my communications skills. This blog will be designed to address my multi-faceted interests.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rochester, New York, United States

I have an M.A. in Theology and an M.Div (Master of Divinity) from St. Bernard's School of Theology and Ministry. I am currently a media consultant and promoter of classical music. I am also certified as an officiant by the Federation of Christian Ministries for baptisms, weddings and funerals and minister independently of the Rochester Diocese. My life has encompassed many interesting paths: broadcasting, free-lance writing, video-production, music, ministry and a secular job in government. In addition to this blog, I have a YouTube site at www.youtube.com/priestray and I have a Facebook page.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Recognizing the Sisters of Mercy & St. Joseph



Dear Blog Visitors:

I want to take this opportunity to congratulate the City of Rochester on the occasion of its 175th anniversary. In conjunction with this celebration, in the video that follows, I not only mention this milestone for Rochester, but I also highlight the fact that part of the city's legacy is the long history of service from both the Sisters of Mercy and the Sisters of St. Joseph.

Both local orders of sisters, and indeed all orders throughout the world, are experiencing a shortage of vocations, much in the same way the priesthood is in the midst of a shortage. In the video, I mention the fact that I was reminded of the dwindling numbers in the Sisters of St. Joseph when I officiated at a baptism in Nazareth College's chapel. This chapel used to be the spiritual home for the Sisters of St. Joseph. (The sisters have since moved to a smaller location near the Nazareth campus.)

In any event, I want to wish the City of Rochester well on its 175th anniversary, and I want to thank the good Sisters of Mercy and St. Joseph for being an important part of this history.

Here is the video (in high definition):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home