My World of Religion, Politics, Entertainment and Social Issues

If you are visiting my blog, expecting to see 'Toward a Progressive Catholic Church,' I have changed my title to reflect my wide assortment of interests. Having retired from my secular job, I hope to devote the rest of my life to my hobbies, ministries and perhaps a part-time job that makes good use of my communications skills. This blog will be designed to address my multi-faceted interests.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rochester, New York, United States

I have an M.A. in Theology and an M.Div (Master of Divinity) from St. Bernard's School of Theology and Ministry. I am currently a media consultant and promoter of classical music. I am also certified as an officiant by the Federation of Christian Ministries for baptisms, weddings and funerals and minister independently of the Rochester Diocese. My life has encompassed many interesting paths: broadcasting, free-lance writing, video-production, music, ministry and a secular job in government. In addition to this blog, I have a YouTube site at www.youtube.com/priestray and I have a Facebook page.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Catholic-Anglican Controversy



Dear Blog Visitors:

You are probably aware by now that the Vatican announced last week that the process for married Anglican priests converting to the Roman Catholic priesthood will be easier than it has been in the past.

I certainly want to welcome Anglican priests who convert to Roman Catholicism for the right reasons - namely, reasons of faith. However, when the reasons become political in scope, I hope the Vatican won't be too eager to bring these priests on board. In particular, if conservative Anglican priests are seeking admission as Catholic priests, simply because they are opposed to the ordination of women and gay men in their church, I believe there is a serious problem. In the video above, I try to raise corresponding issues in this regard.

On the positive side, Anglican priests who are admitted to the Roman Catholic priesthood can at least prove to the Vatican that Holy Orders and marriage can indeed be compatible. However, it is my hope that the Vatican will come to see the double-standard they are exercising. In brief, married priests from the Anglican tradition will be welcomed, and at the same time, the Vatican will continue to ostracize Roman Catholic priests who choose to marry.

I hope you will watch my video and then write your own commentaries on your respective blogs.

Peace to all,
Ray Grosswirth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home