Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thanks to RPO & Christopher Seaman





Dear Blog Visitors:

As a life-long resident of the City of Rochester, I am delighted to take part in the City's celebration of its 175th anniversary this year. An important part of this long history is the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra.

Brenda (my wife) and I were deeply saddened to learn that the RPO conductor, Christopher Seaman, will be stepping down at the conclusion of the orchestra's 2010-2011 season. However, on the bright side, Christopher will be named Conductor Laureate, which means he will return once a year, following the 2010-2011 season, to conduct a concert. I am also delighted that Christopher will be with us in 2012 to celebrate his 70th birthday. It is especially enlightening that despite our loss, Christopher will have an opportunity to conduct many of the world's orchestras.

I personally want to thank Christopher Seaman and the RPO for the many outstanding concerts they have given for Rochesterians and visiting guests. As a fitting tribute, I made the video which is part of this blog post. In the video, I personally thank the orchestra and Christopher for being important parts of my life.

As a special memory of the RPO, I want to take you back to 1965, a year during which I had an opportunity to conduct the orchestra when I was only 15-years-old. Here is a review of the concert. (You will need to click onto it for a larger image.)

Peace to all,
Ray Grosswirth

No comments: