Sunday, October 04, 2009

A Message of Thanks to Freemasons

Dear Blog Visitors:

I have spent a lot of time in recent years on research pertaining to my family ancestry. This work culminated in a very large booklet I put together for my surviving relatives.

It was interesting for me to discover that my paternal grandfather, Henry Grosswirth, was a proud member of the Freemasons for 60 years. Sadly, the Catholic Church continues to excommunicate anyone who joins Freemason lodges, due to the Vatican's fear concerning any organization that utilizes secretive oaths or symbols.

Freemasons have received a lot of publicity in recent years, due to fictional works written by Dan Brown - most notably, 'Angels and Demons' and 'The Davinci Code.' In reality, the Freemasons have a long history with the Catholic Church, inclusive of its members having built the vast majority of long-standing cathedrals in Europe. However, due to secret rituals and symbols, the Vatican continues to demonize the Freemasons.

It would be fairly easy for me to join the Freemasons, due to my grandfather's long history with them. However, I have never expressed an interest, due to its male-only membership.

I personally want to thank all the Masonic lodges around the United States for all the charitable works they continue to do.

I have posted three items that pertain to my grandfather's long history with the Freemasons. You will need to click onto them to generate larger images.





No comments: