Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Continuing to Prepare for Retirement





Dear Blog Visitors:

As you can see in the above photos, I have been very busy with the process of packing boxes, in preparation for retirement from Rochester's City Hall.

Those who know me well are aware of the fact that I often complained about the piles of paperwork I had to deal with in City Hall on a weekly basis, especially at the end of a fiscal year. Looking at the boxes in back of me in the photos will give you an idea of how much paper I accumulated over the years.

For those who remain in City Hall, they will find their lives will become much easier, for July 1 is the kick-off date for a new paperless/advanced electronic system that will streamline the manner in which the City does business internally and externally. I only wish this process had been incorporated earlier.

As stated in a previous post, I look forward to a very active retirement. Although my income will be reduced, I will nevertheless be engaged in my passions, and I feel that is what is most important.

As I retire, I continue to pray for people who have been without work due to a challenging economy. I wish I could offer an unemployed person the job I am leaving. However, the City of Rochester is also dealing with hard times, and I expect that my duties will simply be distributed amongst staff already in my department.

I hope to write on a variety of topics at this blog while in retirement. So, stay tuned.

Peace to all,
Ray

No comments: