Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Terrific Rochester Radio Reunion



Dear Blog Visitors:

Last night proved to be very nostalgic for me, in that I attended the Rochester Radio Reunion. It gave me an opportunity to chat with persons I knew from the 1970s, when I was known as 'The Wizard of Pun' on radio station WAXC.

Rochester radio has a very long history, so I was deeply moved by the attendance at last night's memorable event. I want to thank all who worked very hard at organizing the reunion. By all accounts, it was a huge success.

I was touched by the fact that many radio personalities I listened to back in the 1950s are alive and well, and were in attendance at the reunion. The audience was inclusive of announcers from the 1950s to the present era. Videos were made by those in various parts of the country who could not attend, whereby we had an opportunity to see their greetings on a big screen. In addition, a wonderful slide show was presented to honor radio personalities who have died.

Don Alhart, emcee for the event, did a terrific job keeping all the elements of the event together.

I have included a few photos I took last night. In order: 1.) Mike Kiley and me; 2.) Bob Scott and me; 3.) Ferdinand Jay Smith and me; 4.) Marc Cronin and me; 5.) Larry White; 6.) Rich Funke; 7.) Don Alhart; 8.) Elaine Smith (wife of Ferdinand Jay Smith), Me, Ferdinand Jay Smith, Brenda Grosswirth (my wife).

Peace to all,
Ray







No comments: