My World of Religion, Politics, Entertainment and Social Issues

If you are visiting my blog, expecting to see 'Toward a Progressive Catholic Church,' I have changed my title to reflect my wide assortment of interests. Having retired from my secular job, I hope to devote the rest of my life to my hobbies, ministries and perhaps a part-time job that makes good use of my communications skills. This blog will be designed to address my multi-faceted interests.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rochester, New York, United States

I have an M.A. in Theology and an M.Div (Master of Divinity) from St. Bernard's School of Theology and Ministry. I am currently a media consultant and promoter of classical music. I am also certified as an officiant by the Federation of Christian Ministries for baptisms, weddings and funerals and minister independently of the Rochester Diocese. My life has encompassed many interesting paths: broadcasting, free-lance writing, video-production, music, ministry and a secular job in government. In addition to this blog, I have a YouTube site at www.youtube.com/priestray and I have a Facebook page.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Top-Five Reasons Pope Benedict XVI Should Resign


Dear Blog Visitors:

Pope Benedict XVI managed to create headlines yesterday by verbally attacking the gay community. This is not the first time he has done so, which amounts to a throwback to Nazi Germany, when gays were singled out for discrimination and arrest. In yesterday's worldwide speech, Benedict equated gay marriage with a downfall of humanity itself.

The pontiff would like for us to believe that there are no gay priests, despite the fact that it is well known that approximately 30% of priests are gay, and the vast majority of them are true ministers of the Gospel. So, for Benedict to attack the gay community is nothing more than a smokescreen.

I truly believe it is time for Benedict XVI to resign, and this has nothing to do with his age. My top-five reasons he should consider a resignation are as follows: 1.) He refuses to see the wisdom of an inclusive priesthood (celibate, married, women); 2.) He continues to discriminate against the gay community; 3.) He blocked reporting of sexual abuse cases when he was in his previous Vatican post; 4.) He refused full access to the Vatican's Holocaust archives, when Pius XII was nominated for sainthood; 5.) He won't consider the convening of Vatican III, a council that could conceivably bring about much-needed reform to the Roman Catholic Church.

Peace to all,
Ray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home