Monday, January 30, 2012

My Upcoming Documentary: 'The Red Danube'



Dear Blog Visitors:

I thought I would share with you a preview of my documentary-in-progress, entitled 'The Red Danube.'

If you have followed my recent blog posts, you are aware that I have been tracing the footsteps of my ancestors. Concerning my father's side of the family, there is a long lineage of Eastern European Jews, most notably from the former Austro-Hungarian Empire, which would separate into separate countries following World War I.

My research tells me that prior to World War II, there were approximately 700,000 Jews living in Hungary. The Nazis managed to exterminate approximately 600,000 of them, and many who remained moved elsewhere, reducing the Jewish population to a mere few hundred.

As I continue to work on my documentary, I hope to heighten the awareness of what occurred along the banks of the Danube in 1944.

Peace to all,
Ray

No comments: