Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Congratulations to Lovely Warren


Dear Blog Visitors:
 
I want to extend sincere congratulations to Lovely Warren upon her election as Rochester's new mayor.

Although I worked on the last-minute campaign for Tom Richards, I nevertheless rejoice in the historic moment we are celebrating, which is the election of Rochester's very first female mayor, and Rochester's second African American mayor.

As president of Rochester's City Council, Lovely Warren got to know the City's department heads. So, I hope she will at least consider retaining those who have consistently done a stellar job. For example, I worked for the City's current finance director, Brian Roulin. He has followed in the footsteps of his predecessor, Vince Carfagna, by establishing high levels of financial reporting, resulting in multiple national recognitions.

There are many department heads I could recommend as persons Lovely Warren should retain. However, she needs to create an environment that she feels best serves the current interests of the city, and this will hopefully include keeping persons who want nothing more than to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.

I like to feel that Susan B. Anthony is smiling today. My thanks to Tom Richards for being a superb mayor under challenging circumstances, and my best wishes to Lovely Warren on her historic election.
 
Peace to all,
Ray

No comments: