Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Election as President of the Rochester Chamber Orchestra



Dear Blog Visitors:

I was deeply honored and humbled to be elected as the new president of the Rochester Chamber Orchestra.  I am also very pleased that outgoing president and friend, Tom Paul, will be remaining on the board and continuing his longtime role as artistic administrator/advisor for the orchestra.

For me, my new role is a return to my musical roots.  It was my original career ambition to become a symphony orchestra conductor.  Having studied trumpet, violin, piano and voice, conducting seemed to be a logical next step.  However, during my sophomore year at the Eastman School of Music, I decided that music was not going to be my career path.  Since those days, I ventured into other areas, inclusive broadcasting, banking and 23 years in Rochester's City Hall.  I have also earned varied degrees, such as a Bachelor of Arts from Empire State College and a Master of Arts in Theology and Master of Divinity from St. Bernard's School of Theology and Ministry, culminating in my being ordained a married priest in 2006.

The past few months have been a period of musical renewal for me.  I have renewed friendships within the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra's framework, inclusive of musicians and administrators.  In addition, my being a board member of the Rochester Chamber Orchestra has allowed me to participate in a field I truly love.

If you would like to keep posted on concerts being performed by the RCO, please visit the orchestra's website regularly at www.rcho.org.   The orchestra also has a Facebook page.

Peace to all,
Ray

No comments: