Thursday, November 07, 2013

Maintaining Diversity in Rochester's City Hall


Dear Blog Visitors:

Having served under several mayors (Ryan, Johnson, Duffy, Richards) before I retired, I am proud of the fact that each mayor worked hard toward achieving diversity in Rochester's City Hall. I am confident that Mayor-elect Lovely Warren will follow in the footsteps of her predecessors in this regard.

It is reasonable to assume that Mayor Tom Richards will be asking for resignations from his top appointees, who in turn will have an opportunity to reapply for their jobs via Lovely Warren's transition team. My hope is that Ms. Warren will recognize the excellent pool of talent that worked for Tom Richards, whereby there will be an opportunity to keep at least some of these persons who are dedicated to the best interests of the city, inclusive of the level of diversity that has worked well in City Hall.

I came across a photo that was taken 25 years ago in City Hall. At that time, I was proud to be asked to serve on a panel that looked into diversity issues. (I am to the far left in the photo.)


Peace to all,
Ray


No comments: