Continuing to Prepare for Retirement





Dear Blog Visitors:

As you can see in the above photos, I have been very busy with the process of packing boxes, in preparation for retirement from Rochester's City Hall.

Those who know me well are aware of the fact that I often complained about the piles of paperwork I had to deal with in City Hall on a weekly basis, especially at the end of a fiscal year. Looking at the boxes in back of me in the photos will give you an idea of how much paper I accumulated over the years.

For those who remain in City Hall, they will find their lives will become much easier, for July 1 is the kick-off date for a new paperless/advanced electronic system that will streamline the manner in which the City does business internally and externally. I only wish this process had been incorporated earlier.

As stated in a previous post, I look forward to a very active retirement. Although my income will be reduced, I will nevertheless be engaged in my passions, and I feel that is what is most important.

As I retire, I continue to pray for people who have been without work due to a challenging economy. I wish I could offer an unemployed person the job I am leaving. However, the City of Rochester is also dealing with hard times, and I expect that my duties will simply be distributed amongst staff already in my department.

I hope to write on a variety of topics at this blog while in retirement. So, stay tuned.

Peace to all,
Ray

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering David Fetler

The Day The Earth Stood Still: Relevant for Our Times

Remembering Bessie (Betty) Fleetwood