Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Hanukkah!





Dear Blog Visitors:

I want to take this opportunity to wish my Jewish relatives and friends a very blessed Hanukkah.

Hanukkah always brings back memories of my childhood, which was a wonderful Judeo-Christian upbringing. I continue to be thankful to my parents for exposing me to all the elements of Judaism and Catholicism. As a young boy, I had the privilege of attending Hebrew School and preparing for my bar mitzvah, while at the same time, celebrating Christian holidays with my mother's side of the family.

I often tell people that I am probably a rarity, in that I went through a bar mitzvah, baptism, confirmation, and finally became ordained a married Catholic priest.

In honor of my Jewish relatives, I am posting two photos. The first was taken of my father and his siblings around 1927. (My father is pictured on the far right in the first row.) The second photo was taken at my Bar Mitzvah in 1962.

Peace to all,
Ray

No comments: