Friday, August 05, 2011

Celebrating Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday



Dear Blog Visitors:

I am writing this on the day we celebrate what would have been the late and great Lucille Ball's 100th birthday.

Lucille Ball provided countless hours of laughter for me over a period of many years. While most admirers recognize her for her iconic TV roles in such shows as 'I Love Lucy' and 'The Lucy Show,' it is also important to note that she was one of the hardest working studio executives in the television industry. In this regard, she and her husband, Desi Arnaz, worked countless hours to ensure that TV audiences got the very best in weekly programming.

In commemoration of the 100th anniversary of Lucille Ball's birth, I spent some time in Jamestown, New York, where Lucy spent her formative years. As part of my visit, I went to Lucy's gravesite, where I said a silent prayer of thanks for her life and talents.

In the video that follows, I paid tribute to Lucy, inclusive of some photos I took in Jamestown and my playing 'Happy Birthday' on the trumpet.

No comments: