Sunday, August 28, 2011

Remembering The Rustix



Dear Blog Visitors:

Anyone who knows me well is aware of my classical music background and my continued love for the classics. However, what you may not know is that I developed friendships with members of rhythm and blues bands that were popular in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Rochester hosted some great rhythm and blues bands, some of which were The Rustix, The Brass Buttons and Wilmer Alexander and the Dukes. I became particularly friendly with members of The Rustix and The Brass Buttons, some of whom I remain in contact with.

It was a pure delight for me to discover that a video exists of one of the Rustix' biggest hits. I want to thank Chuck Brucato, one of the two former lead singers of the group for proving a link to the video. I have posted it above for those who either want to reminisce or for those who simply wish to hear this recording for the first time.

Peace to all,
Ray

No comments: